Natwest T20 Blast: Eoin Morgan hit half-century for Middlesex in defeat at Somerset
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Natwest T20 Blast: Somerset (166-5) beat Middlesex (162-6) by five wickets
Middlesex’s troublesome run of form in the Natwest T20 Blast continued with a five-wicket loss at Somerset.
Daniel Vettori’s men have now lost four of their last five in the competition, having won just twice in their first seven matches.
After losing the toss in Taunton, the visitors were put into bat, but smashed 25 off the opening three overs, before losing Brendon McCullum for just seven.
Fellow opener Nick Gubbins went soon after for 21, which saw Eoin Morgan join John Simpson at the crease.
You may also want to watch:
The duo put on 66 for the third wicket to take Middlesex to 98-3, before Simpson went for 21.
Morgan remained to notch a half-century and went on to make 59 in total, the top score for the visitors who closed on 162-6.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
Somerset, though, were always up to the run rate in reply, despite two wickets apiece for Steven Finn and Tom Helm.
The hosts eventually made it home inside 16 overs to consign Middlesex to defeat in Taunton.