Netball: Christmas cheer for Cumberland
- Credit: Archant
Cumberland ended the year on a high with a 59-56 win over Kent County in the Mizuno Natoinal Premier League.
They trailed for most of the match, until coach Polini Langi made key changes at the final break.
Zoanne Cadzow moved from goalkeeper to goal defence, as Indya Akinrinlola came on at wing attack and Cumberland came from seven goals down to claim victory.
Polini said: “It was a stressful day but I am proud of the team for fighting back and taking the win.
“I’m hugely grateful to our supporters for travelling through the snow.
You may also want to watch:
“Our focus is now on getting back into training to get ready for the matches after Christmas.”
Akinrinlola took the player of the match award, while Osi Imodemhe was named MVP by opponents Kent.
- 1 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 4 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 7 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 8 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'
- 9 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 10 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
And regional player Emma Perkins impressed on her league debut at goalkeeper as Cumberland reach the midway point of the season in third place.