Netball: Christmas cheer for Cumberland
- Credit: Archant
Cumberland ended the year on a high with a 59-56 win over Kent County in the Mizuno Natoinal Premier League.
They trailed for most of the match, until coach Polini Langi made key changes at the final break.
Zoanne Cadzow moved from goalkeeper to goal defence, as Indya Akinrinlola came on at wing attack and Cumberland came from seven goals down to claim victory.
Polini said: “It was a stressful day but I am proud of the team for fighting back and taking the win.
“I’m hugely grateful to our supporters for travelling through the snow.
You may also want to watch:
“Our focus is now on getting back into training to get ready for the matches after Christmas.”
Akinrinlola took the player of the match award, while Osi Imodemhe was named MVP by opponents Kent.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
And regional player Emma Perkins impressed on her league debut at goalkeeper as Cumberland reach the midway point of the season in third place.