Netball: Cumberland sting Hornets!
- Credit: Archant
Cumberland continued their unbeaten start to the Mizuno Premier League Division Three season with a 51-40 win over Hertford Hornets.
They were 12-10 down at the first break, but a strong team talk from coaches Polini Langi and Amelia Brooks led to a turnaround.
England under-19 Kira Rothwell was named player of the match for a second time, as newcomer Sophie Croft also impressed in attack.
The win sees Cumberland top the table at this early stage and Langi said: “I’m very pleased with the composure and skill that the team displayed.
“There were a couple of testing moments, but they pulled together as a unit and it was a real team win. Hopefully we can now keep this momentum going in to the next match.”
You may also want to watch:
Cumberland continue their campaign with another home game against local rivals Essex Open at CitySport, Goswell Road on October 29 (10.30am).
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing