Netball: Cumberland sting Hornets!
- Credit: Archant
Cumberland continued their unbeaten start to the Mizuno Premier League Division Three season with a 51-40 win over Hertford Hornets.
They were 12-10 down at the first break, but a strong team talk from coaches Polini Langi and Amelia Brooks led to a turnaround.
England under-19 Kira Rothwell was named player of the match for a second time, as newcomer Sophie Croft also impressed in attack.
The win sees Cumberland top the table at this early stage and Langi said: “I’m very pleased with the composure and skill that the team displayed.
“There were a couple of testing moments, but they pulled together as a unit and it was a real team win. Hopefully we can now keep this momentum going in to the next match.”
You may also want to watch:
Cumberland continue their campaign with another home game against local rivals Essex Open at CitySport, Goswell Road on October 29 (10.30am).
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder