New Camden & Islington girls’ league to begin in September
- Credit: Archant
The new Camden & Islington Girls’ League is to be launched in September following a successful series of weekly coaching sessions at Market Road.
Ten teams have already signed up for the league, which will get under way with five-a-side games on Friday September 9 and seven-a-side fixtures from the following Sunday.
Acerbis UK will be the league sponsors, providing equipment and new kits to every team that joins up, while Archway-based London Trophy Company are supplying trophies and medals for the cup competition.
The coaching sessions, which are being held each Friday (6pm-8pm) at Market Road until July 22 and are open to girls aged six to 16, also resume in September.
League secretary Karen Green, who headed the campaign to introduce a girls’ section, said: “It’s been very rewarding to see the girls enjoying the coaching sessions. Now we just want them to play and develop and hopefully we’ll see the league grow.”
You may also want to watch:
Teams interested in entering the league should call 07785 224 888 or email email@example.com for more information.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London