New Camden & Islington girls’ league to begin in September
- Credit: Archant
The new Camden & Islington Girls’ League is to be launched in September following a successful series of weekly coaching sessions at Market Road.
Ten teams have already signed up for the league, which will get under way with five-a-side games on Friday September 9 and seven-a-side fixtures from the following Sunday.
Acerbis UK will be the league sponsors, providing equipment and new kits to every team that joins up, while Archway-based London Trophy Company are supplying trophies and medals for the cup competition.
The coaching sessions, which are being held each Friday (6pm-8pm) at Market Road until July 22 and are open to girls aged six to 16, also resume in September.
League secretary Karen Green, who headed the campaign to introduce a girls’ section, said: “It’s been very rewarding to see the girls enjoying the coaching sessions. Now we just want them to play and develop and hopefully we’ll see the league grow.”
You may also want to watch:
Teams interested in entering the league should call 07785 224 888 or email email@example.com for more information.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller