New five-a-side league launches in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Leisure Leagues are launching their first ever five-a-side competition in north London at the start of next month, centred around Islington.
The Islington Sunday League will kick off on August 2 from 6pm to 8pm at Rosemary Gardens, with teams from within the postcode area given the chance to apply for free kits.
Players will be able to check their stats online after each game, while part-time positions could become available as the competition expands, including the post of league manager.
Organiser Adam O’Callaghan, who grew up in the borough, also aims to develop a similar league in Camden, with the two champions ultimately playing off to determine local supremacy.
He said: “We are passionate about Islington and very excited about the chance to bring the community even closer.”
You may also want to watch:
Local sides can sign up for free at http://www.leisureleagues.net and then pay per game. Referees can also join via the website. Email email@example.com or telephone 07912 982 366.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant