New five-a-side league launches in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Leisure Leagues are launching their first ever five-a-side competition in north London at the start of next month, centred around Islington.
The Islington Sunday League will kick off on August 2 from 6pm to 8pm at Rosemary Gardens, with teams from within the postcode area given the chance to apply for free kits.
Players will be able to check their stats online after each game, while part-time positions could become available as the competition expands, including the post of league manager.
Organiser Adam O’Callaghan, who grew up in the borough, also aims to develop a similar league in Camden, with the two champions ultimately playing off to determine local supremacy.
He said: “We are passionate about Islington and very excited about the chance to bring the community even closer.”
You may also want to watch:
Local sides can sign up for free at http://www.leisureleagues.net and then pay per game. Referees can also join via the website. Email email@example.com or telephone 07912 982 366.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Islington is getting a big name restaurant
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting