New teams invited to join Camden & Islington Girls League in 2017
- Credit: Archant
Camden & Islington Girls’ League organisers are inviting new teams to join up in January following their successful first term at Market Road.
There are currently six teams playing five-a-side fixtures each Friday in the league, which was launched in October after a series of free come and play sessions.
League secretary Karen Greene said: “Our vision earlier this year was to start a girls’ league and we have achieved that, just through running the free sessions [at Market Road] from April to July, then putting the girls into teams.
“Now they are playing football matches and thoroughly enjoying it. I’m delighted that it’s all going so well.
“I would like to thank Acerbis UK, who supplied the kits for the girls, and London Trophy Company, who provided the printing for the kits, for all their support.”
You may also want to watch:
The league resumes in the new year and anyone who would like to enter a team in either the Years 1-3 or Years 4-6 age groups should contact Jo Sargent on 07967 801 322 for more information.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey