New teams invited to join Camden & Islington Girls League in 2017
- Credit: Archant
Camden & Islington Girls’ League organisers are inviting new teams to join up in January following their successful first term at Market Road.
There are currently six teams playing five-a-side fixtures each Friday in the league, which was launched in October after a series of free come and play sessions.
League secretary Karen Greene said: “Our vision earlier this year was to start a girls’ league and we have achieved that, just through running the free sessions [at Market Road] from April to July, then putting the girls into teams.
“Now they are playing football matches and thoroughly enjoying it. I’m delighted that it’s all going so well.
“I would like to thank Acerbis UK, who supplied the kits for the girls, and London Trophy Company, who provided the printing for the kits, for all their support.”
You may also want to watch:
The league resumes in the new year and anyone who would like to enter a team in either the Years 1-3 or Years 4-6 age groups should contact Jo Sargent on 07967 801 322 for more information.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller