North London eager to bounce back away to Acton
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The fourth-placed side in Division Three will travel to the team third in the table this weekend
North London are ready for a big match in the Middlesex County League Division Three on Saturday when they visit third-placed Acton.
This weekend’s hosts’ are on 64 points which is three more than Sam Bardon’s team in fourth position.
Whoever triumphs in this Saturday’s match will finish the day in third and boost any slim chances they have of potentially sealing promotion this season.
North London go into the contest frustrated after they lost by six wickets at home to Uxbridge last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Captain Bardon won the toss and batted first, but saw his team struggle as they were dismissed for 113.
Will Lake top scored with 29 and James Battcock added 22 from number seven, but the hosts fell well short of setting a solid target.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 7 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 8 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 9 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 10 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
Uxbridge got home for the loss of only four wickets in reply, with Donovan Pell 80 not out, despite the efforts of Yasiru Mudiyanselage (2-21).
North London will hope for better on Saturday when they visit high-flying rivals Acton.