North London eager to bounce back away to Acton
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The fourth-placed side in Division Three will travel to the team third in the table this weekend
North London are ready for a big match in the Middlesex County League Division Three on Saturday when they visit third-placed Acton.
This weekend’s hosts’ are on 64 points which is three more than Sam Bardon’s team in fourth position.
Whoever triumphs in this Saturday’s match will finish the day in third and boost any slim chances they have of potentially sealing promotion this season.
North London go into the contest frustrated after they lost by six wickets at home to Uxbridge last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Captain Bardon won the toss and batted first, but saw his team struggle as they were dismissed for 113.
Will Lake top scored with 29 and James Battcock added 22 from number seven, but the hosts fell well short of setting a solid target.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
Uxbridge got home for the loss of only four wickets in reply, with Donovan Pell 80 not out, despite the efforts of Yasiru Mudiyanselage (2-21).
North London will hope for better on Saturday when they visit high-flying rivals Acton.