After last over loss, North London will eye better at Harrow Town
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
A fine innings of 59 not out by Freddie Issitt couldn’t prevent North London from losing to Crouch End on Saturday
North London will travel to Middlesex County League Division Three mid-table rivals Harrow Town this weekend seeking a return to winning ways.
Sam Bardon’s team almost secured a draw at home to local outfit Crouch End, but lost their final wicket with three balls left to suffer a 111-run defeat on Saturday.
North London were always up against it after the visitors scored 264-8 from 47 overs declared and quickly reduced the hosts to 39-7.
Orban Holdgate (29) and number nine Freddie Issitt come together to put on a 100 for the eighth wicket, but the former went and Crouch End were able to dismiss the hosts in the 54th over.
You may also want to watch:
Issitt was stranded at the end on 59 not out, but North London will seek a positive response this weekend.
Bardon’s side are fourth in the table on 49 points heading into the second half of the 2018 season.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
Harrow Town are fifth on 45 points, but did win at North London on the opening day of the campaign by 36 runs, so won’t be a pushover on Saturday.