After last over loss, North London will eye better at Harrow Town
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
A fine innings of 59 not out by Freddie Issitt couldn’t prevent North London from losing to Crouch End on Saturday
North London will travel to Middlesex County League Division Three mid-table rivals Harrow Town this weekend seeking a return to winning ways.
Sam Bardon’s team almost secured a draw at home to local outfit Crouch End, but lost their final wicket with three balls left to suffer a 111-run defeat on Saturday.
North London were always up against it after the visitors scored 264-8 from 47 overs declared and quickly reduced the hosts to 39-7.
Orban Holdgate (29) and number nine Freddie Issitt come together to put on a 100 for the eighth wicket, but the former went and Crouch End were able to dismiss the hosts in the 54th over.
You may also want to watch:
Issitt was stranded at the end on 59 not out, but North London will seek a positive response this weekend.
Bardon’s side are fourth in the table on 49 points heading into the second half of the 2018 season.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
Harrow Town are fifth on 45 points, but did win at North London on the opening day of the campaign by 36 runs, so won’t be a pushover on Saturday.