North London eye more success after Indian Gymkhana victory
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Sam Bardon’s team have hit form after a slow start to the 2018 campaign
North London secured their third win from their last four games on Saturday in the Middlesex County League Division Three with a victory over Indian Gymkhana.
Sam Bardon won the toss and put his team into bat first and they made 216-5 from 53 overs with opener Simon Mintoft setting the tone with 54.
Hussain Shabbir, batting at four, picked up the baton when North London’s opener went and finished unbeaten on 53 off 62 balls.
A rapid 23 by wicket-keeper Orban Holdgate also helped the hosts go past 200 and set the visiting Indian Gymkhana 217 to win.
You may also want to watch:
It proved too many runs as a solid team effort saw the away side dismissed for 156 with Ben Wakeford (2-27), Zila Jennings (2-21), Yasiru Mudiyanselage (2-16) and Navaid Akhtar (2-4) all taking two wickets apiece.
North London sit fifth, after their 60-run success, ahead of travelling to early pace-setters Brentham on Saturday. The leaders are unbeaten with 61 points – 24 ahead of Bardon’s men – after seven games.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant