North London see off Indian Gymkhana in Division Three thriller
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
After scoring 213-9 off 45 overs, the hosts fought hard in the field to win by six runs
North London were involved in a tight contest with Indian Gymkhana on Saturday and triumphed by only six runs in the Middlesex County League Division Three.
After scoring 213-9 from their 45 overs, the hosts backed it up in the field with a fighting display to restrict the away side to 207-9.
It earned a hard-fought win which keeps North London in fourth position ahead of this weekend’s home clash with leaders Brentham.
A solid batting display was enough to claim a 10-point success over Gymkhana as Vivek Lodhia top scored with 51 off 102 balls for the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
Fellow opener Will Lake hit 28 while Ralph Pedersen (25), Navaid Akhtar (29) and Yasiru Mudiyanselage (23) all made contributions.
A target of 214 was just too many runs for Gymkhana as Mudiyanselage (3-27) showed his class and also run out Aditya Nandakumar, who had scored 47.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
James Battcock chipped in with 2-51 too and after plenty of hard work, North London secured out another victory.