North London see off Indian Gymkhana in Division Three thriller
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
After scoring 213-9 off 45 overs, the hosts fought hard in the field to win by six runs
North London were involved in a tight contest with Indian Gymkhana on Saturday and triumphed by only six runs in the Middlesex County League Division Three.
After scoring 213-9 from their 45 overs, the hosts backed it up in the field with a fighting display to restrict the away side to 207-9.
It earned a hard-fought win which keeps North London in fourth position ahead of this weekend’s home clash with leaders Brentham.
A solid batting display was enough to claim a 10-point success over Gymkhana as Vivek Lodhia top scored with 51 off 102 balls for the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
Fellow opener Will Lake hit 28 while Ralph Pedersen (25), Navaid Akhtar (29) and Yasiru Mudiyanselage (23) all made contributions.
A target of 214 was just too many runs for Gymkhana as Mudiyanselage (3-27) showed his class and also run out Aditya Nandakumar, who had scored 47.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 4 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 7 £1.5m revamp of Stroud Green Primary School given go-ahead
- 8 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 9 'Holborn isn't the only dangerous junction for cyclists and pedestrians'
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing
James Battcock chipped in with 2-51 too and after plenty of hard work, North London secured out another victory.