North London look for fourth straight victory
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
North London are looking for their fourth win in a row when they take on Harrow Town in the Middlesex League Division Three on Saturday.
Captain Sam Bardon's side claimed victory against Indian Gymkhana in their last game, bowling their opponents out for 107 before completing the chase in 35.3 overs.
Freddie Issitt took three wickets for North London with James Battcock adding another two.
Battock's unbeaten 40, along with 16 from Tom Wakeford, then helped to secure their side victory.
Bardon said: "Another great win. For the second week in a row it was James Battock that saved us and veteran Tom Wakeford settled any nerves by supporting James as we chased it six down.
You may also want to watch:
"We're looking forward to playing Harrow Town on Saturday.
"Even though they are bottom they've had a good couple of results recently.
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 6 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
"We're aiming to make it four in a row and keep our slim chances of promotion alive."