North London look for fourth straight victory
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
North London are looking for their fourth win in a row when they take on Harrow Town in the Middlesex League Division Three on Saturday.
Captain Sam Bardon's side claimed victory against Indian Gymkhana in their last game, bowling their opponents out for 107 before completing the chase in 35.3 overs.
Freddie Issitt took three wickets for North London with James Battcock adding another two.
Battock's unbeaten 40, along with 16 from Tom Wakeford, then helped to secure their side victory.
Bardon said: "Another great win. For the second week in a row it was James Battock that saved us and veteran Tom Wakeford settled any nerves by supporting James as we chased it six down.
You may also want to watch:
"We're looking forward to playing Harrow Town on Saturday.
"Even though they are bottom they've had a good couple of results recently.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
"We're aiming to make it four in a row and keep our slim chances of promotion alive."