North London more confident heading into Harrow game after Acton result says Bardon
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
North London captain Sam Bardon says his side are feeling more confident after picking up a point in Saturday’s game against Acton.
They take on Harrow this Saturday, who sit three places and seven points above them in the Middlesex County Cricket League Division Three.
Acton reached 199-8 before declaring after 44 overs on Saturday, with Bardon's side then reaching 96-5 in 35 overs which was enough to get them a point.
Orban Holdgate's 24 helped his side get the point, while James Battcock also picked up four wickets for North London.
Bardon said: "We should be confident of getting a result against Harrow if we contain a couple of their explosive batsmen, in particular Ronald Etienne.
You may also want to watch:
"We were very pleased with the resilience our batsmen showed on Saturday, especially after not batting our overs recently.
"It was nice to get points on the board again after a couple of weeks of zeros."
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 6 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 7 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 8 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 9 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020