North London hope for better at basement club South Hampstead
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Sam Bardon’s team suffered a second consecutive defeat last Saturday
North London will aim to get back to winning ways in the Middlesex County League Division Three this weekend at home to South Hampstead.
Sam Bardon’s team suffered a second consecutive defeat on Saturday, but in unfortunate circumstances.
The two-wicket loss away to Acton leaves them fourth in the standings, but seventh-placed Harrow Town are only four points behind them.
A strong batting display on Saturday seemed to put North London on course for an away victory after losing at home to Uxbridge the week before.
You may also want to watch:
Opener Will Lake scored 63 and number eight Navaid Akhtar hit a crucial 65 not out to help Bardon’s team score 219-9 off 53 overs at Acton.
In reply, the hosts made a strong start and were well on top at 93-1, but North London fought back in the scorching sunshine.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 5 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 6 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
Akhtar claimed 3-34 from 11 overs and 3-80 by Yasiru Mudiyanselage gave them a fighting chance, but Acton got home in the 49th over.
North London will hope for better this weekend.