North London hope for better at basement club South Hampstead
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Sam Bardon’s team suffered a second consecutive defeat last Saturday
North London will aim to get back to winning ways in the Middlesex County League Division Three this weekend at home to South Hampstead.
Sam Bardon’s team suffered a second consecutive defeat on Saturday, but in unfortunate circumstances.
The two-wicket loss away to Acton leaves them fourth in the standings, but seventh-placed Harrow Town are only four points behind them.
A strong batting display on Saturday seemed to put North London on course for an away victory after losing at home to Uxbridge the week before.
You may also want to watch:
Opener Will Lake scored 63 and number eight Navaid Akhtar hit a crucial 65 not out to help Bardon’s team score 219-9 off 53 overs at Acton.
In reply, the hosts made a strong start and were well on top at 93-1, but North London fought back in the scorching sunshine.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
Akhtar claimed 3-34 from 11 overs and 3-80 by Yasiru Mudiyanselage gave them a fighting chance, but Acton got home in the 49th over.
North London will hope for better this weekend.