North London salvage draw after surviving last-ball thriller at home
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Sam Bardon’s team travel to Middlesex Tamil Sports & Social Club next this weekend
North London were involved in a last-ball thriller in the Middlesex County League Division Three on Saturday and managed to claim a draw.
Hosting bottom of the table South Hampstead, the lowly visitors managed to make 184 all out off 51.4 overs.
North London were then reduced to 181-9 with one ball left, but bowler Zila Jennings survived it and got a single to see the match end a draw.
Despite the disappointing result, there were plenty of good performances from the hosts with Navaid Akhtar taking 4-29 off 9.4 overs.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Sam Bardon hit 41 and Yasiru Mudiyanselage top scored with 53, but when he was caught soon after he had passed fifty, it left North London on 156-8.
Fortunately Freddie Issitt (16) and Ted Greally (11 not out) batted sensibly to ensure they come away with a draw.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
North London remain in fourth position on 63 points with 13 fixures played.
Bardon’s team will travel to Middlesex Tamil Sports & Social Club next with only four points between the sides.