North London salvage draw after surviving last-ball thriller at home
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Sam Bardon’s team travel to Middlesex Tamil Sports & Social Club next this weekend
North London were involved in a last-ball thriller in the Middlesex County League Division Three on Saturday and managed to claim a draw.
Hosting bottom of the table South Hampstead, the lowly visitors managed to make 184 all out off 51.4 overs.
North London were then reduced to 181-9 with one ball left, but bowler Zila Jennings survived it and got a single to see the match end a draw.
Despite the disappointing result, there were plenty of good performances from the hosts with Navaid Akhtar taking 4-29 off 9.4 overs.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Sam Bardon hit 41 and Yasiru Mudiyanselage top scored with 53, but when he was caught soon after he had passed fifty, it left North London on 156-8.
Fortunately Freddie Issitt (16) and Ted Greally (11 not out) batted sensibly to ensure they come away with a draw.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 5 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
North London remain in fourth position on 63 points with 13 fixures played.
Bardon’s team will travel to Middlesex Tamil Sports & Social Club next with only four points between the sides.