North London hope for more of the same when Uxbridge visit in Division Three
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
A fine display from captain Sam Bardon helped his team win at Harrow Town last weekend
North London captain Sam Bardon will be aiming to lead from the front on Saturday when Uxbridge visit in the Middlesex County League Division Three.
The skipper scored a century last weekend to help his side win at Harrow Town, which took them onto 61 points from 10 games.
Bardon won the toss and after putting his team in, saw openers Will Lake (44) and Vivek Lodhia (61) build a solid foundation at the top.
After the breakthrough was made, North London didn’t let up and the captain went on to score 107 as they made 256-8 from 50 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Harrow Town couldn’t get anywhere near the total and were eventually all out for 99.
Zila Jennings did the main damage at the start and ended with figures of 4-26 from eight overs while Freddie Issitt kept up his strong form on his ways to 3-21.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 5 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 6 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
The 157-run victory keeps North London fourth in the table heading into the second half of the 2018 term where they will look to move into the promotion spots.