After away win, North London look for more success at home to Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Sam Bardon led from the front with a hundred to help North London win at Middlesex Tamil Sports & Social Club
North London will aim to get another positive result this weekend when they play host to Wembley in the Middlesex County League Division Three.
After 14 games, Sam Bardon’s men remain fourth, but they are too far behind second in the table Crouch End to have any realistic chances of still earning promotion.
Nevertheless, last Saturday North London managed to put in a solid display to earn a fine win at Middlesex Tamil Sports & Social Club.
The hosts won the toss and put Bardon’s team into bat first, but the visitors hit back with some solid scores at the top of the order.
You may also want to watch:
Will Lake hit a steady 39 and Ralph Pedersen produced an even more patient 30 batting at number three.
Once they were dismissed, it turned into the Sam Bardon show as he struck 100 not out to help North London declare on 210-7 off 55 overs.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 9 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
Ted Greally shone the most with the ball in reply on his way to figures of 3-49 as the hosts were all out for 177 in the 46th over.