North London return home from Wembley trip following a defeat
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
After a disappointing loss, Sam Bardon will hope to see his team bounce back this weekend
North London suffered a five-wicket loss at home to lowly Wembley last Saturday in the Middlesex County League Division Three.
The visitors won the toss and put Sam Bardon’s team into bat first and despite four of their batsmen making starts, no one kicked on.
Will Lake hit 36 at the top of the innings, while Yasiru Mudiyanselage scored 32 at number five and even though James Battcock struck 24, all of them failed to pass fifty.
Navaid Akhtar finished on 39 not out to top score, but it could only help North London post a below-par total of 206-8 off their 45 overs.
You may also want to watch:
While the hosts didn’t have anyone score a half-century, Wembley had two players go past fifty or more and it saw them win in the 41st over.
Battcock picked up 2-43 and Mudiyanselage claimed 2-42, but 70 from Moazzam Rizvi and 60 by Vinay Shah got the visitors over the line.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
Despite the defeat, North London are still fourth and on 75 points ahead of Saturday’s clash at Indian Gymkhana, who are bottom of the table.