Cricket: North London women enjoy big win
- Credit: Archant
North London women enjoyed a 10-wicket win over Finchley Gunns in their Middlesex League meeting.
TIght bowling led to wickets at regular intervalss, with Miranda Cook (5-15) leading the way.
Olivia d'Souza and Hannah Burridge claimed two wickets each as Finchley were dismissed for 92, as only Steph Mindel (23 not out) showed any resistance.
Home openers Charlotte Bascombe, the former Scotland international, and young Middlesex age group player Amu Surenkumar accumulated steadily in the face of a strong Gunns bowling attack and Bascombe reached her 50 shortly before victory was sealed in the 21st over.
"It's been a long but really enjoyable season and today showed how much the side has developed," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"The bowling was top drawer and Miranda thoroughly deserved her five-wicket haul, but the support of the whole side in the field was so important and there's a true sense of a team here.
"It's a pleasure batting with Amu - this was a good bowling attack and she played so maturely throughout. There's such a lot to look forward to over the years to come."
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing