North Midd find winning formula at Finchley
- Credit: Archant
North Middlesex got back to winning ways in the Middlesex League Premier Division with a thrilling win at Finchley.
Joel Hughes struck an early blow with the new ball, with Adam Price also picking up a wicket with the score on 58.
Captain Tom Nicoll and Ravi Patel then took two wickets apiece and a run out left the hosts 132-7, but Sumeet Sharma.
A 59-run stand for the eighth wicket held the visitors up, before Patel (4-44) and Nicoll (3-102) had further success to dismiss the home side for 234, with Sharma unbeaten on 96.
Will Vanderspar (21) and Connor Nurse (22) made starts in reply, but North Midd slipped to 68-4.
You may also want to watch:
James Parslow (100) and Charlie MacLeod (54) produced a matchwinning stand for the fifth wicket, putting on 165 before both fell without addition to the total.
Parslow hit a six and 11 fours in his 115-ball knock, but there was a late wobble before Patel and last man Ed Bird sealed a one-wicket win.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 7 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
- 9 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25