North Midd find winning formula at Finchley
- Credit: Archant
North Middlesex got back to winning ways in the Middlesex League Premier Division with a thrilling win at Finchley.
Joel Hughes struck an early blow with the new ball, with Adam Price also picking up a wicket with the score on 58.
Captain Tom Nicoll and Ravi Patel then took two wickets apiece and a run out left the hosts 132-7, but Sumeet Sharma.
A 59-run stand for the eighth wicket held the visitors up, before Patel (4-44) and Nicoll (3-102) had further success to dismiss the home side for 234, with Sharma unbeaten on 96.
Will Vanderspar (21) and Connor Nurse (22) made starts in reply, but North Midd slipped to 68-4.
You may also want to watch:
James Parslow (100) and Charlie MacLeod (54) produced a matchwinning stand for the fifth wicket, putting on 165 before both fell without addition to the total.
Parslow hit a six and 11 fours in his 115-ball knock, but there was a late wobble before Patel and last man Ed Bird sealed a one-wicket win.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- 10 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington