North Midd stunned by Stanmore
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
North Middlesex slumped to defeat against bottom club Stanmore in their Middlesex League Premier Division meeting.
Put into bat, they saw Joe Cracknell and stand-in captain James Parslow fall cheaply to slip to 13-2.
Adam Holmes and Luke Hollman followed in quick succession, but Evan Flowers put on 65 for the fifth wicket with Rob Fahrenhaim.
Flowers fell for 57, though, and Fahrenheim (27) was ninth man out with the score on 126, before Ravi Patel (18 not out) lifted the total to 154 in the 35th over.
Adam Price had early success with the ball for North Midd in Stanmore’s reply, but the visitors then moved to 80-1, before losing three quick wickets to Ed Bird (2-14) and Patel to find themselves 88-4.
You may also want to watch:
Stanmore steadied themselves to keep on track in their run chase and, despite more wickets for Patel (4-56), reached their target with three wickets in hand in the 37th over as North Midd went away empty-handed.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14