North Midd stunned by Stanmore
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
North Middlesex slumped to defeat against bottom club Stanmore in their Middlesex League Premier Division meeting.
Put into bat, they saw Joe Cracknell and stand-in captain James Parslow fall cheaply to slip to 13-2.
Adam Holmes and Luke Hollman followed in quick succession, but Evan Flowers put on 65 for the fifth wicket with Rob Fahrenhaim.
Flowers fell for 57, though, and Fahrenheim (27) was ninth man out with the score on 126, before Ravi Patel (18 not out) lifted the total to 154 in the 35th over.
Adam Price had early success with the ball for North Midd in Stanmore’s reply, but the visitors then moved to 80-1, before losing three quick wickets to Ed Bird (2-14) and Patel to find themselves 88-4.
You may also want to watch:
Stanmore steadied themselves to keep on track in their run chase and, despite more wickets for Patel (4-56), reached their target with three wickets in hand in the 37th over as North Midd went away empty-handed.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'