Cricket: North Midd toast title success at league dinner
- Credit: Archant
North Middlesex Cricket Club celebrated their superb 2019 campaign at the Middlesex League dinner at Lord’s at the weekend.
Members filled three tables at event in the Nursery Pavilion and the Premier Division champions were praised by Middlesex chief executive Richard Goatley, former England player Vic Marks and league chairman Bob Baxter for its policy of promotion home-grown talent.
Captain Joel Hughes collected the impressive Premier Division trophy, while Luke Hollman claimed the Ray Wallis young player of the year prize, as well ass the Premier League player of the year award.
The trophies will be on show at the North Midd dinner to be held at the club on Friday.
The bar will be open from 6.30pm and a three-course dinner served at 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £10 on the door, with prizes and a raffle. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 8 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller