North Middlesex close gap on leaders Ealing
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Joel Hughes’ team walked away with four points after Saturday’s title clash
North Middlesex and Ealing are only separated by one point after a tense clash on Saturday at Park Road.
While the visitors remain top of Middlesex County Premier Division, everything is still to play for heading into the final eight matches of the year.
Joel Hughes won the toss and the hosts' decided to put Ealing into bat first and the away side were all out for 222.
Liam O'Driscoll did some early damage on his way to 2-34, but then it was over to North Middlesex's skipper.
You may also want to watch:
Hughes claimed 6-29 from 18.5 overs with Ed Bird and Max Harris chipping in with a solitary wicket each.
It set North Middlesex 223 for victory and it proved a bridge too far with the hosts ending up on 199-8 to ensure the title clash finished a draw.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
Evan Flowers hit 72 while James Parslow was unbeaten on 85 come the conclusion after a pulsating contest.
North Middlesex picked up four points compared to the visitors' two and Hughes' will take his team to ninth-placed Finchley on Saturday.