North Middlesex close gap on leaders Ealing
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Joel Hughes’ team walked away with four points after Saturday’s title clash
North Middlesex and Ealing are only separated by one point after a tense clash on Saturday at Park Road.
While the visitors remain top of Middlesex County Premier Division, everything is still to play for heading into the final eight matches of the year.
Joel Hughes won the toss and the hosts' decided to put Ealing into bat first and the away side were all out for 222.
Liam O'Driscoll did some early damage on his way to 2-34, but then it was over to North Middlesex's skipper.
You may also want to watch:
Hughes claimed 6-29 from 18.5 overs with Ed Bird and Max Harris chipping in with a solitary wicket each.
It set North Middlesex 223 for victory and it proved a bridge too far with the hosts ending up on 199-8 to ensure the title clash finished a draw.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 5 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 6 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
Evan Flowers hit 72 while James Parslow was unbeaten on 85 come the conclusion after a pulsating contest.
North Middlesex picked up four points compared to the visitors' two and Hughes' will take his team to ninth-placed Finchley on Saturday.