North Middlesex seek response after narrow opening-day loss
- Credit: Archant
Last season’s third-placed team were edged out by title rivals Ealing trying to defend a total of 183-7
North Middlesex entertain Finchley this weekend looking to claim a first win in this season's Middlesex County Premier Division.
Joel Hughes' team lost by five wickets away to Ealing last Saturday after failing to defend a competitive total of 183-7.
After losing with only four balls to spare at the weekend, North Middlesex will aim to get over the line this time.
Finchley also tasted defeat on the opening day after being put to the sword on home turf by champions Richmond.
You may also want to watch:
North Middlesex came close to a second consecutive win at Ealing, but fell short in the last over of the match.
Evan Flowers top scored for the visitors with 38 and was supported by Will Vanderspar (36) and James Parslow (25).
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe streets where you live?
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
The away side's total of 183-7 was not enough, however, with Bailey Capel (59) and Ryan Farrell (58) passing fifty for the home outfit.
Hugh Teesdale (2-31) nabbed a brace and Hughes (1-23), Ed Bird (1-32) and Liam O'Driscoll (1-19) claimed wickets too, but it wasn't enough.