North Middlesex seek response after narrow opening-day loss
- Credit: Archant
Last season’s third-placed team were edged out by title rivals Ealing trying to defend a total of 183-7
North Middlesex entertain Finchley this weekend looking to claim a first win in this season's Middlesex County Premier Division.
Joel Hughes' team lost by five wickets away to Ealing last Saturday after failing to defend a competitive total of 183-7.
After losing with only four balls to spare at the weekend, North Middlesex will aim to get over the line this time.
Finchley also tasted defeat on the opening day after being put to the sword on home turf by champions Richmond.
You may also want to watch:
North Middlesex came close to a second consecutive win at Ealing, but fell short in the last over of the match.
Evan Flowers top scored for the visitors with 38 and was supported by Will Vanderspar (36) and James Parslow (25).
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
The away side's total of 183-7 was not enough, however, with Bailey Capel (59) and Ryan Farrell (58) passing fifty for the home outfit.
Hugh Teesdale (2-31) nabbed a brace and Hughes (1-23), Ed Bird (1-32) and Liam O'Driscoll (1-19) claimed wickets too, but it wasn't enough.