North Middlesex increase grip on third after crushing Finchley success
- Credit: Archant
Captain Joel Hughes claimed 6-54 to dismiss the hosts for 202 after Evan Flowers had scored 108 in a total of 307-6
North Middlesex continued their encouraging form with a 105-run victory at Finchley on Saturday to remain third in the Middlesex County League Premier Division.
After scoring 307-6 with the bat, the visitors dismissed the hosts for 202 with captain Joel Hughes impressing.
Finchley won the toss and put North Middlesex in first and when Evan Flowers and James Parslow were brought to the crease, they went wild!
Flowers scored a superb 108 off 127 balls, but Parslow was out eight short of a century after facing 107 deliveries.
You may also want to watch:
A 184-run partnership for the third wicket set the away side up for a big score and Joe Cracknell adding a breezy 29 not out to help them past 300.
Captain Hughes led from the front in the field and took 6-54 from 14 overs to see the home side out in the 48th over.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 9 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
Max Harris (2-37), Hugh Teesdale (1-27) and Tom Nicoll (1-35) backed him up well to help North Middlesex keep a firm grip on third spot.
This weekend they will play host to relegation-threatened Twickenham at Park Road.