North Middlesex increase grip on third after crushing Finchley success
- Credit: Archant
Captain Joel Hughes claimed 6-54 to dismiss the hosts for 202 after Evan Flowers had scored 108 in a total of 307-6
North Middlesex continued their encouraging form with a 105-run victory at Finchley on Saturday to remain third in the Middlesex County League Premier Division.
After scoring 307-6 with the bat, the visitors dismissed the hosts for 202 with captain Joel Hughes impressing.
Finchley won the toss and put North Middlesex in first and when Evan Flowers and James Parslow were brought to the crease, they went wild!
Flowers scored a superb 108 off 127 balls, but Parslow was out eight short of a century after facing 107 deliveries.
You may also want to watch:
A 184-run partnership for the third wicket set the away side up for a big score and Joe Cracknell adding a breezy 29 not out to help them past 300.
Captain Hughes led from the front in the field and took 6-54 from 14 overs to see the home side out in the 48th over.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
Max Harris (2-37), Hugh Teesdale (1-27) and Tom Nicoll (1-35) backed him up well to help North Middlesex keep a firm grip on third spot.
This weekend they will play host to relegation-threatened Twickenham at Park Road.