Hughes pleased with North Middlesex batting display in win at Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
Park Road club ended league season with 109-run success
Joel Hughes was pleased North Middlesex made the most of favourable batting conditions in a 109-run victory at Hampstead in the Middlesex County Premier Division.
Batting first after winning the toss, the Park Road club posted an imposing 307-7 from their 50 overs.
James Parslow top scored with 77, while opener Luke Hollman (71) and Tom Nicoll (70 not out) also made good contributions with the bat.
Hollman then shone with the ball, finishing with figures of 4-57 as North Midd bowled their hosts out for 198 in reply.
You may also want to watch:
Victory ensured the Park Road outfit finished the league season on a high with a win and skipper Hughes was happy with the display at Hampstead.
“It was an impressive display from us in beating Hampstead,” he said.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
“After a tough couple of weeks with the wickets a little green, it was good for some of the boys to get runs on a good wicket to bat on.”