Hughes pleased with North Middlesex batting display in win at Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
Park Road club ended league season with 109-run success
Joel Hughes was pleased North Middlesex made the most of favourable batting conditions in a 109-run victory at Hampstead in the Middlesex County Premier Division.
Batting first after winning the toss, the Park Road club posted an imposing 307-7 from their 50 overs.
James Parslow top scored with 77, while opener Luke Hollman (71) and Tom Nicoll (70 not out) also made good contributions with the bat.
Hollman then shone with the ball, finishing with figures of 4-57 as North Midd bowled their hosts out for 198 in reply.
You may also want to watch:
Victory ensured the Park Road outfit finished the league season on a high with a win and skipper Hughes was happy with the display at Hampstead.
“It was an impressive display from us in beating Hampstead,” he said.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
“After a tough couple of weeks with the wickets a little green, it was good for some of the boys to get runs on a good wicket to bat on.”