North Middlesex seek better at rivals Hampstead after disappointing weekend
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Joe Hughes’ team lost the T20 Cup final on Sunday and will be competing in two competitions again over the next couple of days
North Middlesex will aim to bounce back this weekend after losing the chance to win silverware last time out.
Joel Hughes’ team did battle with Osterley on Sunday in the final of the T20 Middlesex Cup and suffered a defeat so couldn’t retain their title for a third year in a row.
It occurred after a draw on Saturday at Teddington in the Middlesex County League Premier Division where the visitors could only pick up a single point from the match.
The hosts batted first at Bushy Park and scored 287-6 despite the efforts of North Middlesex captain Hughes (2-39) and young spinner Alex MacQueen (2-66).
You may also want to watch:
In reply, the away side were unable to get any significant partnerships going and Will Nicoll top scored with 46 at the top as they ended on 223-9 – claiming a draw.
On Saturday, Hughes’ men will host rivals Hampstead in a game which will see third take on fourth in the table and a day later (Sunday) North Middlesex will play host to Shepherds Bush in the last-eight of the knock-out cup.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant