Hughes: North Middlesex as a club are going from strength to strength
- Credit: Archant
Last Saturday the second-team secured the title while the thirds are closing in on success too
Joel Hughes praised North Middlesex’s second-team after they secured league title success last weekend.
While the first-team were losing at Richmond in the Middlesex County League Premier Division, the twos were triumphing at home to Acton by nine wickets.
It secured the second-team the 2nd XI Division One title and the thirds are closing in on success too in the 3rd XI Division One.
North Middlesex first-team and club skipper Hughes praised the quality of players involved at all levels at Park Road.
You may also want to watch:
After watching his side lose at Richmond, he said: “The silver lining on Saturday was the results of our seconds and thirds with the second-team winning the league.
“The thirds managed to go 18 points top with only 30 more points to play for, so the club as a whole is going from strength to strength.
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
“From a first-team point of view, we will also get another crack at Richmond in the League Cup final at the end of the season (September 8).”