Hughes: North Middlesex as a club are going from strength to strength
- Credit: Archant
Last Saturday the second-team secured the title while the thirds are closing in on success too
Joel Hughes praised North Middlesex’s second-team after they secured league title success last weekend.
While the first-team were losing at Richmond in the Middlesex County League Premier Division, the twos were triumphing at home to Acton by nine wickets.
It secured the second-team the 2nd XI Division One title and the thirds are closing in on success too in the 3rd XI Division One.
North Middlesex first-team and club skipper Hughes praised the quality of players involved at all levels at Park Road.
You may also want to watch:
After watching his side lose at Richmond, he said: “The silver lining on Saturday was the results of our seconds and thirds with the second-team winning the league.
“The thirds managed to go 18 points top with only 30 more points to play for, so the club as a whole is going from strength to strength.
- 1 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 2 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
“From a first-team point of view, we will also get another crack at Richmond in the League Cup final at the end of the season (September 8).”