Collapse sees North Middlesex lose narrowly against Teddington
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
The Park Road club went from 101-5 to 128 all out chasing just 131 for victory
North Middlesex suffered a painful defeat at home to Teddington in the Middlesex County League Premier Division last weekend.
Joel Hughes’ team only had to chase 131 for another victory at Park Road, but collapsed from 101-5 to 128 all out to lose by two runs.
After losing the toss, North Middlesex were made to field first, but managed to dismiss the visitors for just 130.
Hughes shone and picked up 5-15 from 7.2 overs while James Parslow (2-29) and Tom Nicoll (2-26) chipped in with two wickets each.
You may also want to watch:
North Middlesex, who gave a number of second-teamers an opportunity, slipped to 54-5 in reply with Parslow out for 19 off 25 balls.
Former captain Nicoll (19) led the recovery alongside Matthew Cracknell (24), but once they were both out with the score on 101, the hosts found themselves in trouble.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
Skipper Hughes hit 12, but North Middlesex fell short of their target and will seek to finish the league season on a high away to mid-table rivals Hampstead this weekend.