Collapse sees North Middlesex lose narrowly against Teddington
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
The Park Road club went from 101-5 to 128 all out chasing just 131 for victory
North Middlesex suffered a painful defeat at home to Teddington in the Middlesex County League Premier Division last weekend.
Joel Hughes’ team only had to chase 131 for another victory at Park Road, but collapsed from 101-5 to 128 all out to lose by two runs.
After losing the toss, North Middlesex were made to field first, but managed to dismiss the visitors for just 130.
Hughes shone and picked up 5-15 from 7.2 overs while James Parslow (2-29) and Tom Nicoll (2-26) chipped in with two wickets each.
You may also want to watch:
North Middlesex, who gave a number of second-teamers an opportunity, slipped to 54-5 in reply with Parslow out for 19 off 25 balls.
Former captain Nicoll (19) led the recovery alongside Matthew Cracknell (24), but once they were both out with the score on 101, the hosts found themselves in trouble.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
Skipper Hughes hit 12, but North Middlesex fell short of their target and will seek to finish the league season on a high away to mid-table rivals Hampstead this weekend.