North London women continue fine form
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
North London women continued their fine run of form with an emphatic 215 run win in their Middlesex Cricket Women’s League home clash against East Herts.
With the 2019 season having already seen several fine batting performances from the North London side, they continued that theme amassing 387 for three off their allotted 40 overs.
Former Scotland international, Charlotte Bascombe, led the way with a club record 125, ably supported by young Hannah Burridge who was dismissed three runs short of a maiden century.
The pair put on 241 for the first wicket and the good work was maintained in an unbroken 121 4th wicket partnership between Fran Gonta (54) and Irene Craik (48).
In reply, East Herts batted solidly with Sue Owen hitting a fine 77 before falling to Jasmine Garske.
You may also want to watch:
Layla Colley and Burridge also chipped in with wickets leaving the visitors on 172 at the close.
North London captain Sophie Mulcahey said: "It's a long season and the girls still have lots to work on, but it's been so pleasing to see how the team has been coming together and these performances reflect how hard everyone is working at their games - top work by all the batters and it's so nice to see so many different girls making great contributions each week."
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing