Norwich City offer trials to Pro Touch Soccer Academy pair
- Credit: Archant
Two youngsters from Pro Touch Soccer Academy have earned themselves trials with Norwich City on the back of their performances at the prestigious Dana Cup.
Striker Emmanuel Osilaja-Toluwalase, who captained the PTSA under-15 team, and central midfielder Mohamed Ibrahim will both link up with the Carrow Road club later this month.
The duo were two of the most consistent performers for the Islington-based academy, who also included a number of under-14 players in Denmark as they won their group without conceding a goal.
The Pro Touch boys opened the tournament with a 2-0 win over Greaker FK before thrashing another Norwegian side, Astor FK, 6-0 with a hat-trick from Obiakor Chinedum.
PTSA finished the group stage in style with a 10-0 victory over Trauma IF – but their run was ended in the first knockout round as they lost 3-2 on penalties following a 1-1 draw with German team Jahn Schnederdinge.
You may also want to watch:
“When we go to Denmark, we go with the intention to win the cup,” said PTSA head coach Tony Blair. “Unfortunately it did not happen, but what our players did get was a lifetime experience that they may not ever get again.
“They played against other nationalities and learned how to compete at the highest level. To win the group without conceding a goal is a massive achievement and I’m proud of the way the lads played, conducted themselves and developed.”
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
Another two members of the PTSA squad, winger James Odhiambo and defensive midfielder Matthew Ruiz, signed 18-month contracts with Leyton Orient on their return from Denmark.
Pro Touch are looking for new players aged between six and 16 and those interested should contact academy director Ash Rahman on 0773 287 2022 to arrange a trial.