Norwich City offer trials to Pro Touch Soccer Academy pair
- Credit: Archant
Two youngsters from Pro Touch Soccer Academy have earned themselves trials with Norwich City on the back of their performances at the prestigious Dana Cup.
Striker Emmanuel Osilaja-Toluwalase, who captained the PTSA under-15 team, and central midfielder Mohamed Ibrahim will both link up with the Carrow Road club later this month.
The duo were two of the most consistent performers for the Islington-based academy, who also included a number of under-14 players in Denmark as they won their group without conceding a goal.
The Pro Touch boys opened the tournament with a 2-0 win over Greaker FK before thrashing another Norwegian side, Astor FK, 6-0 with a hat-trick from Obiakor Chinedum.
PTSA finished the group stage in style with a 10-0 victory over Trauma IF – but their run was ended in the first knockout round as they lost 3-2 on penalties following a 1-1 draw with German team Jahn Schnederdinge.
You may also want to watch:
“When we go to Denmark, we go with the intention to win the cup,” said PTSA head coach Tony Blair. “Unfortunately it did not happen, but what our players did get was a lifetime experience that they may not ever get again.
“They played against other nationalities and learned how to compete at the highest level. To win the group without conceding a goal is a massive achievement and I’m proud of the way the lads played, conducted themselves and developed.”
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 10 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
Another two members of the PTSA squad, winger James Odhiambo and defensive midfielder Matthew Ruiz, signed 18-month contracts with Leyton Orient on their return from Denmark.
Pro Touch are looking for new players aged between six and 16 and those interested should contact academy director Ash Rahman on 0773 287 2022 to arrange a trial.