Player Ratings - Arsenal’s U18’s fall to 4-0 Chelsea defeat in FA Youth Cup Final
- Credit: Arsenal FC
Arsenal’s under-18s fell to a 4-0 defeat in the FA Youth Cup final second-leg against Chelsea on Monday, with a 7-1 aggregate scoreline.
Joao Virginia: 7.5 - Didn’t put a foot wrong and made some impressive saves in both halves, showing good hands to palm away powerful Blue efforts. His composure and good distribution made for a confident performance that was hidden by the scoreline.
Vontae Daley-Campbell: 6.5 - Had a tough job of containing Juan Castillo, who was left in acres of space on Daley-Campbell’s right flank for Chelsea’s goal. However he made some important tackles and impressed with his composure in tight areas.
Dominic Thompson: 6 - Showed some impressive skill but the left-back looked sluggish in the second-half and was beaten for pace in Chelsea’s second goal.
You may also want to watch:
Robbie Burton: 6 - Seemed to be bypassed by Chelsea’s attack sitting in front of the back line and wasn’t included in Arsenal’s forward pushes. Kept pressing Chelsea’s defence right to the end.
Danny Ballard: 6.5 - A battling performance from the determined centre-half, he coped well in the first period but struggled to keep up with Chelsea’s counter attacks before he was replaced towards the end.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
Joseph Olowu: 6.5 - Did well in the air but also struggled with the pace. Fought well.
Bukayo Saka: 6 - Wasn’t as influential as he’d have liked and was replaced in the second half.
James Olayinka: 6 - Didn’t get much of a foothold in the game aside from some easily dealt with crosses into the box.
Tyreece John-Jules: 6 - Wasn’t as influential as he’d have liked, one of the players stifled by the Chelsea defence. He was replaced with 15-minutes to go.
Emile Smith-Rowe: 7.5 - Each of his driving forward runs sent the visitors backpedalling, and he either won a foul or his final ball met its target most times. The moves were smothered before he could be rewarded with an assist but he showed the kind of grit and raw passion Arsenal fans dream of making it to the first team.
Xavier Amaechi: 6.5 - Couldn’t quite get a clear shot at goal, and seemed to freeze a couple of times when played into the box. He struggled to make an impact against the physicality of Chelsea’s centre halves.
Fol Balogun: 6 - Didn’t get much action after coming on.
Trae Coyle: 6 - The attacking player didn’t have much to do after being brought on late in the game as Chelsea ran riot at the other end.
Zech Medley: 6 - Replaced a tiring Danny Ballard at centre-back late in the game.