Press Association football team need sponsporship to finish the season
- Credit: Archant
Press Association football club need support from local businesses and employers to help them survive.
The club, who play at Market Road Pitches, are sitting top of the Thames League with six games to go but find themselves in financial difficulty.
Manager Andy Savva said: “The reason for this is we support local youth and vulnerable adults to play and engage in a sports activity.
“The team has been running for over 10 years, but were close to folding two years ago before Andy Savva, Jay Kemal and Andy Michael took responsibility to continue the team but put an extra emphasis on helping local people engage in an activity and have a social attachment via being part of the club.
“We have over 50 players who have played so far this season.
You may also want to watch:
“Most pay their own subs and fees but we have a wealth of youth who cannot afford the weekly costs (pitch hire and referee fees) to play.”
To help the club out contact Andy Savva on 07813 473 691.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 8 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller