Press Association football team need sponsporship to finish the season
- Credit: Archant
Press Association football club need support from local businesses and employers to help them survive.
The club, who play at Market Road Pitches, are sitting top of the Thames League with six games to go but find themselves in financial difficulty.
Manager Andy Savva said: “The reason for this is we support local youth and vulnerable adults to play and engage in a sports activity.
“The team has been running for over 10 years, but were close to folding two years ago before Andy Savva, Jay Kemal and Andy Michael took responsibility to continue the team but put an extra emphasis on helping local people engage in an activity and have a social attachment via being part of the club.
“We have over 50 players who have played so far this season.
You may also want to watch:
“Most pay their own subs and fees but we have a wealth of youth who cannot afford the weekly costs (pitch hire and referee fees) to play.”
To help the club out contact Andy Savva on 07813 473 691.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’