Hornsey and Highgate face off brimming with confidence
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
The two local clubs have enjoyed strong starts to the 2019 campaign and will do battle at Tivoli Road on Saturday
Bragging rights will be at stake for Hornsey and Highgate this weekend when the two sides do battle in the Middlesex County Division Two.
The two local clubs will face off at Tivoli Road and they go into the match off the back of wins last Saturday.
Hornsey secured a fine win at Enfield after the hosts were restricted to 140-7 off 45 overs.
Jack Bruce caught the eye with the ball on his way to 3-15 from nine overs and Lesbourne Edwards led the way with the bat.
You may also want to watch:
He crunched a terrific 80 off 75 balls, which included eight fours and four sixes, to get Hornsey over the line with seven wickets in hand.
It lifted the Tivoli Road side up to third in the table, two spots higher than Highgate, who won away to Eastcote.
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 9 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 10 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
Fine bowling displays from Uzair Amjaid (2-30), Sandum Dias (2-21) and Syed Hasnain Shah (2-16) saw the hosts all out for 161.
In reply, opener Hasnain Ali impressed and scored 69 not out to help Highgate win by six wickets.