Rahman rescues Ryan from defeat in London County Cup tie

Ryan FC U17s

Ryan FC U17s - Credit: Archant

Sadiqur Rahman’s late equaliser rescued Ryan Under-17s from a London County Cup quarter-final exit against Waterloo as they went on to triumph 4-2 in extra time.

The cup holders appeared to be on their way out, trailing to a controversial 18th-minute Waterloo goal – but, in the last few minutes, Massimo Allen got away from his marker and sent in a low cross for Rahman to score.

Ryan looked the fresher side in extra time and edged in front when the goalkeeper flapped at Reuben Hinkson’s corner and centre-back Euan Taylor-Reid smashed in the loose ball.

The scene was soon repeated as Taylor-Reid made it 3-1 and Allen rounded the keeper to add a fourth goal.

There was a late scare when Ryan goalkeeper Zach Gotlieb’s error gifted Waterloo a second goal and Taylor-Reid then conceded a penalty, but it was fired wide.

You may also want to watch:

Ryan face Redbridge in the semi-final on Sunday.

Nicky Marshall netted five times and William Sousa four as Isledon Wolves Under-13s hammered Lyndhurst 13-0 in a one-sided Camden & Islington League Challenge Cup tie.

Most Read

Sousa’s quartet of goals all came in the first half as Wolves dominated from the first whistle. Alfie Lusardi grabbed a brace, with Teon Levy-Wright and Ali Mede also on the mark.

Lyndhurst played some good one-touch football and never gave up, despite chasing shadows for much of the game.

Isledon Wolves Channons created numerous chances, but paid for failing to take them as they lost 3-0 to Futebol de Salao.

Hayden Miller and Muhammed Asam were the star performers for Channons, but superior finishing secured victory for FDS.

Lyndhurst Lions Under-16s fought out an entertaining 3-3 draw with Lyndhurst Eagles as goalkeepers Sam Barlow and Jay von Romer both produced outstanding performances.

Daniel Leonard put the Eagles ahead in their league encounter, but Tommy Smith levelled for the Lions, only for Leonard to grab his second of the game.

Felix Romer made it 2-2 at the break – and the Lions then edged in front through Shane Rice, but Jack Madden’s header ensured that the spoils were shared.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter