Rishon raises funds for Islington BC on 14th birthday
- Credit: Archant
Islington Boxing Club gave thanks to junior Rishon John for his fundraising achievements at the weekend.
John put his 14th birthday celebrations on hold to run a 10k around the perimeter of Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium on Sunday and raise money for the Hazellville Road club.
And after completing 15 laps of the ground and finishing his run in one hour, four minutes and 43 seconds he was able to enjoy a special birthday dinner.
A club spokesperson said: “He was treated to a takeaway Nando’s and chocolate cake, which was fully deserved.
“In total Rishon raised £1,189. A fantastic achievement from a brilliant club boy.”
You may also want to watch:
To make a donation go to justgiving.com/fundraising/rishonibc.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'