Rishon raises funds for Islington BC on 14th birthday
- Credit: Archant
Islington Boxing Club gave thanks to junior Rishon John for his fundraising achievements at the weekend.
John put his 14th birthday celebrations on hold to run a 10k around the perimeter of Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium on Sunday and raise money for the Hazellville Road club.
And after completing 15 laps of the ground and finishing his run in one hour, four minutes and 43 seconds he was able to enjoy a special birthday dinner.
A club spokesperson said: “He was treated to a takeaway Nando’s and chocolate cake, which was fully deserved.
“In total Rishon raised £1,189. A fantastic achievement from a brilliant club boy.”
You may also want to watch:
To make a donation go to justgiving.com/fundraising/rishonibc.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 9 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 10 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games