Risvi return sets up Hampstead success
- Credit: Archant
Zain Risvi’s impressive six-wicket haul helped Hampstead to success at Southgate in their Middlesex League Premier Division contest.
Steve Clark (2-25) struck two early blows with the new ball to reduce the hosts to 17-2, but their third-wicket pair put on 54 before Rizvi claimed his first scalp and quickly added another to make it 81-4.
Liam Hughes (2-14) ended the defiance of Ayush Sahota (33) with the total on 125, then Rizvi ran through the lower order as Southgate collapsed to 145 all out.
Rizvi finished with stunning figures of 6-11 from his five-over spell, but Hampstead lost Oliver Redwood to the first ball of their reply.
Gart Davson followed cheaply to leave the visitors in early trouble themselves at 18-2, but Clark (43) and Ollie Steele (44) put on 83 for the third wicket, before falling in quick succession.
You may also want to watch:
Hughes and Matthew Watson were both unbeaten on 22 as Hampstead sealed a six-wicket win in 43 overs.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing