Risvi return sets up Hampstead success
- Credit: Archant
Zain Risvi’s impressive six-wicket haul helped Hampstead to success at Southgate in their Middlesex League Premier Division contest.
Steve Clark (2-25) struck two early blows with the new ball to reduce the hosts to 17-2, but their third-wicket pair put on 54 before Rizvi claimed his first scalp and quickly added another to make it 81-4.
Liam Hughes (2-14) ended the defiance of Ayush Sahota (33) with the total on 125, then Rizvi ran through the lower order as Southgate collapsed to 145 all out.
Rizvi finished with stunning figures of 6-11 from his five-over spell, but Hampstead lost Oliver Redwood to the first ball of their reply.
Gart Davson followed cheaply to leave the visitors in early trouble themselves at 18-2, but Clark (43) and Ollie Steele (44) put on 83 for the third wicket, before falling in quick succession.
You may also want to watch:
Hughes and Matthew Watson were both unbeaten on 22 as Hampstead sealed a six-wicket win in 43 overs.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'