Sacred Heart School pupil Luca Veras excels in France National Championships
- Credit: Archant
Squad member of Veras Academy Karate Club shows his talent at Stade Pierre de Coubertin
Luca Veras, of Sacred Heart School in Islington, showed his potential with a fine win in France at the weekend.
The nine-year-old, also a squad member of Veras Academy Karate Club, competed in the -35kg category in the French National Championships.
The event is for children born between 2007 and 2008 and took place at the Stade Pierre de Coubertin in Paris.
Veras was one of 1,000 selected finalists from regional and inter-regional competitions due to his alliance with French club Team USF Karate.
You may also want to watch:
Luca’s two brothers Luan (13) and Liam (11) have also enjoyed international success recently and all three are keen to claiming silverware.
The target for the brothers is to keep improving, so they can reach a high standard.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 4 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 5 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
Veras Brothers are currently looking for potential investors and supporters to help them financially and morally to achieve their ultimate goals of becoming future Olympic and world champions.