Sacred Heart School pupil Luca Veras excels in France National Championships
- Credit: Archant
Squad member of Veras Academy Karate Club shows his talent at Stade Pierre de Coubertin
Luca Veras, of Sacred Heart School in Islington, showed his potential with a fine win in France at the weekend.
The nine-year-old, also a squad member of Veras Academy Karate Club, competed in the -35kg category in the French National Championships.
The event is for children born between 2007 and 2008 and took place at the Stade Pierre de Coubertin in Paris.
Veras was one of 1,000 selected finalists from regional and inter-regional competitions due to his alliance with French club Team USF Karate.
You may also want to watch:
Luca’s two brothers Luan (13) and Liam (11) have also enjoyed international success recently and all three are keen to claiming silverware.
The target for the brothers is to keep improving, so they can reach a high standard.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Islington is getting a big name restaurant
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
Veras Brothers are currently looking for potential investors and supporters to help them financially and morally to achieve their ultimate goals of becoming future Olympic and world champions.