Sampson impresses for Sobell in Greece
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Sobell Judo Club
Sam Sampson led the way for Sobell Judo Club at the Miyazaki Cup in Greece, returning with two medals in his luggage.
Eight of the club’s members travelled to the city of Thessaloniki for the event, where they took on some of Europe’s best.
Sampson prevailed in the open-weight category despite facing some judokas that were double his size, adding gold to the silver he took at under-83kg.
Silver medals were also collected by Fionn Rowan at under-71kg, Alex Charalambrous at under-66kg and Sasha McClean at under-91kg.
You may also want to watch:
Bronze medals, meanwhile, went the way of Lucian Buleandra at under-79kg, Miker Barton at under-91kg and Hannah Chesham at under-78kg.
Alexis Bardini and para-athlete Karl Summerbell also took part in the event, competing at under-75kg and under-71kg respectively.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Islington is getting a big name restaurant
- 10 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
All Sobell athletes who travelled to Greece are sure to have taken a lot from the experience and will hope to put that to good use in the coming weeks.