School Sport: Seven-up Islington & Camden shine
- Credit: Archant
Islington & Camden under-12s romped to a 7-0 win over Brent in their Kay Trophy quarter-final.
The hosts took control early on at Aloysius Playing Fields and netted their first goal after a fine passing move.
Confidence grew as they added three more goals in 15 minutes to make it 4-0.
And the second half was just as impressive, as they moved the ball well and scored another great team goal.
Brent battled until the end, but Islington added two more goals to their tally to cruise into the semi-finals.
You may also want to watch:
Gem Najati finished with a hat-trick to his name, as Santiago Paulido added a brace and Jayden Miller and Oscar Phillips also on the scoresheet.
Squad: Tyreese Piper-Burt, Gem Najati, John Gurie, Joe Gurie, Jayden Miller, Henry Aham, Santiago Paulido, Oscar Phillips, Kian Morgan, Sheldon Poku-Nyarko, Stephan Mgbaida, Alane.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 6 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 8 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 9 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park