School Sport: Seven-up Islington & Camden shine
- Credit: Archant
Islington & Camden under-12s romped to a 7-0 win over Brent in their Kay Trophy quarter-final.
The hosts took control early on at Aloysius Playing Fields and netted their first goal after a fine passing move.
Confidence grew as they added three more goals in 15 minutes to make it 4-0.
And the second half was just as impressive, as they moved the ball well and scored another great team goal.
Brent battled until the end, but Islington added two more goals to their tally to cruise into the semi-finals.
You may also want to watch:
Gem Najati finished with a hat-trick to his name, as Santiago Paulido added a brace and Jayden Miller and Oscar Phillips also on the scoresheet.
Squad: Tyreese Piper-Burt, Gem Najati, John Gurie, Joe Gurie, Jayden Miller, Henry Aham, Santiago Paulido, Oscar Phillips, Kian Morgan, Sheldon Poku-Nyarko, Stephan Mgbaida, Alane.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago