School Sport: Seven-up Islington & Camden shine
- Credit: Archant
Islington & Camden under-12s romped to a 7-0 win over Brent in their Kay Trophy quarter-final.
The hosts took control early on at Aloysius Playing Fields and netted their first goal after a fine passing move.
Confidence grew as they added three more goals in 15 minutes to make it 4-0.
And the second half was just as impressive, as they moved the ball well and scored another great team goal.
Brent battled until the end, but Islington added two more goals to their tally to cruise into the semi-finals.
You may also want to watch:
Gem Najati finished with a hat-trick to his name, as Santiago Paulido added a brace and Jayden Miller and Oscar Phillips also on the scoresheet.
Squad: Tyreese Piper-Burt, Gem Najati, John Gurie, Joe Gurie, Jayden Miller, Henry Aham, Santiago Paulido, Oscar Phillips, Kian Morgan, Sheldon Poku-Nyarko, Stephan Mgbaida, Alane.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 6 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 7 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 8 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 9 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern