School Sport: Thornhill pupils make a splash
- Credit: Archant
Thornhill Primary were crowned the inaugural champions of the Islington Schools’ year three and four swimming gala last week.
After two sets of qualifiers, a total of 12 schools took part in the final, with pupils competing in freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke, as well as medley and freestyle relays.
And Thornhill finished with a total of 365 points, pipping Canonbury by just four points to land the title.
Grafton were in third place on 236 points, two ahead of St Peter and St Paul’s, and Tufnell Park were fifth with 228 points.
The other competing schools and their points totals were Prior Weston (188), St John’s Highbury Vale (179), Ashmount (171), Ambler (155), St John Evangelist (146), Hanover (85) and Sacred Heart (80).
You may also want to watch:
Daniel Bank, Islington’s community sports officer, said: “There were about 100 passionate parents in the stand at the Ironmonger Row baths and it was significantly noisy.”
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 3 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 4 Islington shooting victim named
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Islington is getting a big name restaurant