Several personal best times recorded by Highgate Harries athletes at recent events
- Credit: British Athletics
Fergal Smithwick impressed at the Hercules Wimbledon AC 5000 Festival at Wimbledon Park
Personal best times were set by 78 runners in the third annual Hercules Wimbledon AC 5000 Festival at Wimbledon Park recently.
Two Highgate Harriers set new personal bests with Fergal Smithwick recording a time of 15 minutes and 8.32 seconds.
Charlie Haywood also clocked a new best of 15.26.06 while in race seven, Peter Chambers finished fourth in 14.41.24 with a season’s best.
In 10th place was club mate Robel Bahelbi who also set a season’s best of 14.49.03
You may also want to watch:
Race six saw Braham Pochee finish fifth in 15.23.92 while Darryl Davison and Rob Wilson were 10th and 11th respectively in 15.32.89 and 15.33.77.
More personal best times were achieved in heat five achieved through William De Doncker in 15.50.32 and Laurent-Olivier Liote in 15.51.27.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
In race three, Ashley Scott Wilson ran round in 17:17.09, while race two saw Emma Burgess hit a new personal best of 18.00.67 on a great day for the Harriers.