Several personal best times recorded by Highgate Harries athletes at recent events
- Credit: British Athletics
Fergal Smithwick impressed at the Hercules Wimbledon AC 5000 Festival at Wimbledon Park
Personal best times were set by 78 runners in the third annual Hercules Wimbledon AC 5000 Festival at Wimbledon Park recently.
Two Highgate Harriers set new personal bests with Fergal Smithwick recording a time of 15 minutes and 8.32 seconds.
Charlie Haywood also clocked a new best of 15.26.06 while in race seven, Peter Chambers finished fourth in 14.41.24 with a season’s best.
In 10th place was club mate Robel Bahelbi who also set a season’s best of 14.49.03
You may also want to watch:
Race six saw Braham Pochee finish fifth in 15.23.92 while Darryl Davison and Rob Wilson were 10th and 11th respectively in 15.32.89 and 15.33.77.
More personal best times were achieved in heat five achieved through William De Doncker in 15.50.32 and Laurent-Olivier Liote in 15.51.27.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
In race three, Ashley Scott Wilson ran round in 17:17.09, while race two saw Emma Burgess hit a new personal best of 18.00.67 on a great day for the Harriers.