Sidney’s hat-trick helps Isledon Wolves roll over The Hill
- Credit: Archant
Sidney Kershaw-Shirley slammed in a hat-trick, with Lucas Panayi and Cameron Paul also on the scoresheet as Isledon Wolves Under-10s routed The Hill 5-1 in the Camden & Islington Youth League.
Kershaw-Shirley ran on to Korey Allen’s through ball and slotted home the opener, then finished off a good team move to make it 2-0 before Panayi pounced on a loose Hill clearance.
Wolves conceded on the counter-attack in the second half, but Paul’s free-kick made it 4-1 before Kershaw-Shirley completed his treble.
Isledon Wolves Under-nines’ undefeated record was severely tested as they came back from two down to claim a 3-3 draw against Highbury Wolves.
Charles Genovese made it 2-1 before half-time, with Roussard Ferretti equalising against the run of play and, although Highbury regained the lead, Tyson McIntosh’s superb solo goal earned his side a point.
You may also want to watch:
Midfielder Jahrell Sekera-Campbell topped off an impressive display with a brace, including a back-post header from a free-kick, as Isledon Wolves Channons gained a convincing 5-0 win over Chapel Youth.
Gino Guarinon scored a first-half double, squeezing the ball home from tight angles on both occasions, while the hard-working JJ Connor was also on target.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
Luke Levy grabbed a brace as Isledon Wolves Channons Under-nines went down 5-2 to Camden Elite in a contest that was closer than the scoreline suggested.
Felix Badger smashed a shot against the bar for Channons, while Harry Paddock and Alex O’Connor defended well, but Camden were worthy winners.
Houdaifa Yousfi netted his second successive brace as Essex Road Giants beat Crown & Manor 2-1 to seal a vital three points in their top of the table clash.
Man of the match Dior Lupqi set up the opener and Yousfi made it 2-0 with an individual strike but, although Crown replied, Matias Kutner-Jude’s titanic display at the back ensured that the Giants held on.
Adam Bessadi hit a late winner to maintain Essex Road Giants Under-14s’ 100 per cent record with a 3-2 victory against Regent’s Park.
The Giants fell behind twice, with Joshua Assiamah hitting a stunning 20-yarder in between, but Dwight Pascal fired across the goalkeeper to level matters before Bessadi finished off an incisive team move seven minutes from time.