Swimming: Cally Masters’ member provides silver service at Nationals!
- Credit: Archant
Cally Masters’ Lorenzo Caciagli enjoyed a silver lining at the National Masters Championships in Sheffield.
Swimming in the 30-34 years age group, he began the three-day event by winning silver in the 1,500 metres freestyle, beating his best by three seconds.
And Caciagli went on to win another silver medal in the 800m freestyle, while just missing out on a bronze in his other event, after finishing fourth in the 400m event.
Club spokesperson Susan Green said: “Lorenzo was delighted with his achievement, particularly as he has been struggling with an elbow injury over the past couple of months.
“Lorenzo is a clinical research fellow in neurology at UCL during the week and also works shifts as an on-call doctor at nights and weekends.
You may also want to watch:
“He enjoys swimming hard. For him it is the perfect way to relax and recharge his batteries.”
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing