Swimming: Cally Masters’ member provides silver service at Nationals!
- Credit: Archant
Cally Masters’ Lorenzo Caciagli enjoyed a silver lining at the National Masters Championships in Sheffield.
Swimming in the 30-34 years age group, he began the three-day event by winning silver in the 1,500 metres freestyle, beating his best by three seconds.
And Caciagli went on to win another silver medal in the 800m freestyle, while just missing out on a bronze in his other event, after finishing fourth in the 400m event.
Club spokesperson Susan Green said: “Lorenzo was delighted with his achievement, particularly as he has been struggling with an elbow injury over the past couple of months.
“Lorenzo is a clinical research fellow in neurology at UCL during the week and also works shifts as an on-call doctor at nights and weekends.
You may also want to watch:
“He enjoys swimming hard. For him it is the perfect way to relax and recharge his batteries.”
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 3 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 £1.5m revamp of Stroud Green Primary School given go-ahead
- 9 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing
- 10 'Holborn isn't the only dangerous junction for cyclists and pedestrians'