Smith strike strengthens show of Unity against Regent’s Park
- Credit: Archant
Alex Smith’s second-half equaliser ensured that FC Unity Under-12s gleaned a 1-1 draw from their hard-fought encounter with Regent’s Park in the Camden & Islington League.
Unity were in danger of losing their unbeaten record, trailing at half-time, but Smith pulled them level.
Cameron Saunders made two crucial saves to keep Harriers at bay, while Rees Jones was also solid at the back for Unity.
Goals from Maurice Lebbie and Joe Maunuez maintained Unity Under-14s’ undefeated run as they defeated Fusion 2-0.
Unity goalkeeper Harry Hartles registered his second successive clean sheet, while Charlie Gibson and Sebastian Galeano also put in impressive performances.
You may also want to watch:
Joshua Asiamah took his goal tally to six in four games with a brace as Essex Road Giants Under-14s hammered St John’s Wood 5-0.
Dwight Pascal opened the scoring with a stunning strike – and then made it 2-0 with a 25-yard drive into the bottom corner before Asiamah added a third goal early in the second half.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
Asiamah struck another ferocious drive to complete his double and, when Vinny Carr was brought down, captain Sami Beassdi stepped up to fire in the free-kick for number five.
Dior Lupqi’s double maintained Essex Road Giants Under-13s’ 100 per cent start with a 3-0 victory over Somers Town.
Matias Kutner-Jude put the Giants ahead from a corner midway through the first half and Lupqi extended their lead before wrapping up the points with a rocket from outside the penalty area 10 minutes from time.