Sobell gymnasts have a spring in their step
- Credit: Archant
A trio of youngsters from Sobell Leisure Centre secured a second-place finish at their debut tournament in Camden.
Miku Kuroi, Ellie Holden and Karoline Fahrenkamp, who train at Sobell, linked up with competitors from Hampstead Gymnastics Club to finish runners-up in their team event at the Talacre Sports Centre competition.
Three other Sobell gymnasts – Lucia Molinari, Elisabeth Fahrenkamp and Ella Schimmelschmidt – were awarded fourth place in the team event.
Schimmelschmidt went on to gain a joint first place in the individual section at the tournament, with Molinari taking joint fifth.
Theo Lake, who coaches the Sobell youngsters, said: “Our club is not aimed at producing elite gymnasts. We aim to deliver the best attainments to all the children we teach.
You may also want to watch:
“Their results are a credit to the good work that they and their coaches have put in.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 4 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 5 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month