Sobell gymnasts have a spring in their step
- Credit: Archant
A trio of youngsters from Sobell Leisure Centre secured a second-place finish at their debut tournament in Camden.
Miku Kuroi, Ellie Holden and Karoline Fahrenkamp, who train at Sobell, linked up with competitors from Hampstead Gymnastics Club to finish runners-up in their team event at the Talacre Sports Centre competition.
Three other Sobell gymnasts – Lucia Molinari, Elisabeth Fahrenkamp and Ella Schimmelschmidt – were awarded fourth place in the team event.
Schimmelschmidt went on to gain a joint first place in the individual section at the tournament, with Molinari taking joint fifth.
Theo Lake, who coaches the Sobell youngsters, said: “Our club is not aimed at producing elite gymnasts. We aim to deliver the best attainments to all the children we teach.
You may also want to watch:
“Their results are a credit to the good work that they and their coaches have put in.”
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting