Darts: Archway League have special guest at awards night
- Credit: Archant
Former BDO world semi-finalists Darryl Fitton was special guest at the Archway & District League’s annual awards evening.
Fitton, winner of the World Darts Trophy in 2016, took on local players and a Q&A session with tales from his heralded career before handing out the trophies.
The league title went to invincibles Kennedy's who claimed the Knockout Cup against Boston Arms, as well as the pairs title from Paul and PDC starlet George Killington.
Doyles' legendary skipper Scott Robinson won the Singles title for a record third time, as teammate Matty Finch scooped the highest finish accolade with a 161 out-shot.
Boston Arms' majestic Stuart Pickles hit the most 180's for the season (16) and had the fewest darts required for a leg win, finishing in 11.
You may also want to watch:
Pam Doyle lifted the ladies' crown after defeating Royal Oak A's Lisa Balban, while the Fours Cup also made its way into Boston Arms' bustling trophy cabinet.
Elsewhere, the determined PJ Fahey ousted Gary Turnbull for the Guvnor's Cup, with Sheephaven Bay reigning supreme for the 'best pub grub' from former winners N19.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion