Step up to light-heavyweight sees Chelli lose unbeaten record
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Former Times ABC boxer Zak Chelli lost his unbeaten record as he fought for the first time as a light-heavyweight.
Chelli was beaten by Welshman Kody Davies on a points decision at York Hall on a Queensbury promotion on Saturday.
The rounds were closely fought as indicated by the judges scorecard's - with one judging the bout to be 96-94 and two having it at 97-93.
Davies had the height and weight advantage but Chelli managed to give a good account of himself in his first step up to the weight class.
The 21-year-old had planned before the fight to return to super-middleweight once he had competed at light-heavyweight.
You may also want to watch:
It was the eighth fight of his career so far - having won the previous seven leading up to his clash with Davies.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition