Step up to light-heavyweight sees Chelli lose unbeaten record
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Former Times ABC boxer Zak Chelli lost his unbeaten record as he fought for the first time as a light-heavyweight.
Chelli was beaten by Welshman Kody Davies on a points decision at York Hall on a Queensbury promotion on Saturday.
The rounds were closely fought as indicated by the judges scorecard's - with one judging the bout to be 96-94 and two having it at 97-93.
Davies had the height and weight advantage but Chelli managed to give a good account of himself in his first step up to the weight class.
The 21-year-old had planned before the fight to return to super-middleweight once he had competed at light-heavyweight.
You may also want to watch:
It was the eighth fight of his career so far - having won the previous seven leading up to his clash with Davies.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 5 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting