Summer steers Islington team into semi-finals with win over Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Summer Eytle-Rock produced another big game for Activities 4U Under-12s as the Islington side defeated Hackney Jedis 26-14 to book their place in the Community Basketball League play-off semi-finals.
Eytle-Rock – who was named joint MVP alongside team-mate Miles Sewell – played a dominant role throughout and scored 10 points to ensure A4U were always in control.
Sewell and Jonah Watson both hit three-pointers to help their team to an 11-7 lead at half-time, with Sewell adding another three late on to finish with 14 points and close out the game.
“Hackney were good competition and proved tough at times,” said Eytle-Rock. “But we limited our mistakes and kept fighting until the end to get the W.
“We can’t wait to play in the semi-final as we want to win everything this season!”
You may also want to watch:
For information about the league, which is run by the London School of Basketball in partnership with Reach and Teach, visit www.cblhoops.co.uk, or contact email@example.com.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 8 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo