Summer steers Islington team into semi-finals with win over Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Summer Eytle-Rock produced another big game for Activities 4U Under-12s as the Islington side defeated Hackney Jedis 26-14 to book their place in the Community Basketball League play-off semi-finals.
Eytle-Rock – who was named joint MVP alongside team-mate Miles Sewell – played a dominant role throughout and scored 10 points to ensure A4U were always in control.
Sewell and Jonah Watson both hit three-pointers to help their team to an 11-7 lead at half-time, with Sewell adding another three late on to finish with 14 points and close out the game.
“Hackney were good competition and proved tough at times,” said Eytle-Rock. “But we limited our mistakes and kept fighting until the end to get the W.
“We can’t wait to play in the semi-final as we want to win everything this season!”
You may also want to watch:
For information about the league, which is run by the London School of Basketball in partnership with Reach and Teach, visit www.cblhoops.co.uk, or contact email@example.com.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade