Swimming: Anaconda’s Dewhurst earns London spot
- Credit: Archant
Anaconda Swimming Club’s Elena Dewhurst has been picked to represent the London Region at the Flanders Cup in Antwerp, Belgium in January.
The 14-year-old Dewhurst was chosen after impressing at the London Winter Championships at the Aquatics Centre recently.
Dewhurst won the under-17 50m freestyle and is ranked number one in Britain for her age group.
She continued her good form at the Enfield club’s county qualifier when she won six gold medals, as Anaconda had 78 swimmers recording 250 personal bests and winning 42 gold, 24 silver and 34 bronze medals.
Head Coach Wayne Lock said: “We’re very proud of Elena’s selection for the London Region and it is the reward for all the hard work she has put into training.
You may also want to watch:
“This has a knock-on effect within the club. The results at the county qualifier reflect the consistent hard work of all swimmers since the start of the season.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park