Swimming: Anaconda’s Dewhurst earns London spot
- Credit: Archant
Anaconda Swimming Club’s Elena Dewhurst has been picked to represent the London Region at the Flanders Cup in Antwerp, Belgium in January.
The 14-year-old Dewhurst was chosen after impressing at the London Winter Championships at the Aquatics Centre recently.
Dewhurst won the under-17 50m freestyle and is ranked number one in Britain for her age group.
She continued her good form at the Enfield club’s county qualifier when she won six gold medals, as Anaconda had 78 swimmers recording 250 personal bests and winning 42 gold, 24 silver and 34 bronze medals.
Head Coach Wayne Lock said: “We’re very proud of Elena’s selection for the London Region and it is the reward for all the hard work she has put into training.
You may also want to watch:
“This has a knock-on effect within the club. The results at the county qualifier reflect the consistent hard work of all swimmers since the start of the season.”
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 9 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion