Swimming: Anaconda top standings at North London Graded League Gala
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Ananconda Swimming Club
Anaconda Swimming Club finished first at the North London Graded League Gala in Hillingdon after a fine team display that resulted in nine race wins.
After competing against rivals from Ealing, Hillingdon and Brent Dolphins, Anaconda came out on top after finishing with the lowest points total.
Vita Braden, nine, won the 50 metre freestyle, while 12-year-old Evelyn Cole was first in the 25m backstroke.
Bianca Giustiniani, 12, was first in the 100m breaststroke, while Rubi McNicholl, also 12, was fastest in the 50m backstroke.
You may also want to watch:
Freddie Richards, 13, triumphed in the 25m freestyle, while Leila Shafiq, 12, won the 50m butterfly and 12-year-old Bruno Tubbs was first in the 50m freestyle.
Malik Abegglen, Echo Braden, Edie Butterworth, Finn Clayton, Matthew Cole, Annabel Dewhurst, Sidney Gruber, Finn Larner, Jasmine McNicholl, Matthew Pearson and George Tubbs also competed at the event.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
Coach Fred Goudie, who was assisted by Ray Huggan at the event, said he was “very pleased by the commitment and energy shown”.